Growing up, my family always took Sunday as a rest day, but I really don't think I have come to appreciate the concept until now. Sunday is the only day of the week that I am guaranteed to be off of work while the other days vary from week to week. But I can always count on Sundays. It's the day I give myself permission to lay on the couch all afternoon and have a nap if I'm feeling it. It's the day that I catch up on podcasts as I doodle at my desk. It's the day that I let myself eat lots of treats and experiment with a new recipe. It's a day of recharging.
I've decided to share a bit of a round-up of some of my favourite things from my week. Things I've come across, have tried, am thinking about, have listened to, have read, or want to give a go. Basically it's a random list of random things and I'm just going to leave it here in case you want to check some of them out.
1. I absolutely loved this episode of the Revisionist History podcast. It gave me all the good and nostalgic feels from growing up on classic country and even inspired me to purchase this song for my collection.
2. I love how a few simple upgrades in this bedroom makeover completely transformed it into a cozy, comfortable and relaxing space. In our small little apartment, our bedroom is actually a part of our living room, separated only by a large curtain so you have no idea how appealing it is to establish a separate comfortable and peaceful bedroom space.
3. Our garden is finally getting to the point where we are starting to harvest some of the fresh veggies. The zucchini plants are out of control so I'm eager to try a few different ways to use them up. This recipe looks so delicious.
4. I've slowly been switching out a lot of my personal and home products to more natural alternatives. But it never dawned on me that there could be more natural product alternatives for our cat Sutchi too. I loved this article with natural pet product suggestions. I don't think I'll be making homemade cat food any time soon, but I am intrigued by the kitty litter option.
5. Speaking of natural products, I recently switched to oil cleansing in my skincare routine. I've always been so scared of oil cleansing because of the obvious assumption that putting oil on your face would make your face, well, oily. But there are so many proven benefits for oil cleansing on your skin. I've been using this Burt's Bees oil cleanser for a couple of weeks now and am seeing a dramatic difference in my skin health. Not to mention the fact that I have been loving their mostly natural BB Cream as a daily foundation alternative too.
6. I've been learning how to use Adobe Illustrator for the past two months and have been totally inspired by these beautiful illustrations by Kemal Sanli. This cute little backpack one is probably my favourite.
7. I've been dying to completely unplug, but it is always so much easier said than done. We're taking a little road trip vacation in September, so I think I may take the opportunity to give it a solid go.
8. There is no denying that I am a crazy cat lady, so you probably won't be surprised that I have this live kitty cam bookmarked in my favourites. This live kitten rescue feed is guaranteed to brighten your day. Trust me. Just try it.
9. My vegan cooking has slowed down a little bit over the summer, as I'm finding myself using our grill more than our oven (which has inevitably meant more meat in our diet). But I'm looking forward to the autumn and the cozy, comforting food recipes that come along with it. I'm hoping to add this cookbook to my collection sooner rather than later.
10. Last but not least, I went to a local concert in the park this past week and there was a man dancing up front that totally looked like Stuart from MadTV. I haven't been able to stop watching Stuart videos as a result. So I'll just leave this here...
Have a great week, friends!