Another week has come and gone in a blink of an eye. This was one of the best weeks - I spent the first few days off from work, which gave me plenty of time to reflect on the new year and the satisfaction that comes from starting fresh again. There's nothing like the crisp, white snow to remind you of this. We spent New Year's Day outside clearing off the pond (which incidentally is becoming a bit of a tradition around here), drinking warm drinks, and eating Chinese food with our neighbours. It was magical.
Here's this week's round up:
1. I have so many books on my reading list, it hurts! The worst part is choosing which one to get to first. Currently I'm reading Skin Cleanse by Adina Grigore and I am not even being dramatic when I say it is changing. my. life. It's a holistic approach to healthy skin - family and ethnic history, diet, the products we are putting on it, and the list goes on. It has basically inspired me to revamp everything in my life, but in such a positive, encouraging, and inspiring way. A few other books on my list include this one, this one, and this one.
2. An inspiring TED Talk for you all from one of the best, Elizabeth Gilbert. In this talk from quite a few years ago, Elizabeth discusses some of her favourite topics, which also just so happen to be some of mine too. Creativity. Genius. How we need to reimagine these ideas. Trust me, it's just flat out amazing. Also, in case you are possibly the only person in the world who hasn't heard of it yet, this is her book which covers many of the same ideas (and is probably on my top ten list of favourite books ever).
3. This house tour is giving me major heart eyes. Especially that kitchen - bright and airy while still feeling cozy and quaint. Ughh.
4. I'm not a movie or television person, but I did carve out the time to binge watch the entire second season of The Crown this holiday season. Ok, where do I even start? I am crazy about this show - the actors (every single one is perfectly casted), the story (I Wikipedia fact-checked most of the elements and yes, they are true), and the beautiful cinematography and production work (magical). I'm basically obsessed with the royal family more than ever and the Queen is quite possibly my new favourite Girl Boss.
5. It's back to cooking in my own kitchen now that the hustle and bustle of the season is over. This week, I made this Vegan Shepherd's Pie from the Oh She Glows cookbook, as well as some ravioli with this Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce. If my resolution from last year taught me anything, it's that vegan food can definitely still be comfort food.
Stay cozy, friends!