It is officially the last weekend of January, which feels nearly impossible. This winter has been soaring by with the blink of an eye. This week, Curtis and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary. It feels both incredible and surreal that we have already reached this three year marker in our marriage, but I know that life will just keep getting sweeter with him. We celebrated by getting take-out and watching our wedding video on the couch with these new mugs. Watching that video was the strangest feeling in the world - I simultaneously felt like it was and wasn't me on those reels. Three years makes a big difference and I can already see how we have changed so much. But with all that said, it was pretty special to have that memory captured for us and I know we will cherish it for many years to come.
Here's what I've been thinking about this week:
1. This budget-friendly bathroom remodel. Oh my. You always see those beautiful Pinterest-worthy renovations, but the fact of the matter is that most of us don't have the space or budget to really make them a reality in our own homes. Chris Loves Julia proved that you can turn your standard bathroom into a beautiful oasis without making any major structural adjustments or budget-slashing choices. It may be a standard-layout bathroom, but it is the bathroom of my dreams.
2. I ordered this t-shirt this week. I'm not really a t-shirt person, but Oui Fresh was having a special sale and it just described me so well and I just couldn't resist and so I just did it. Since I was ordering anyways, I also picked up one of their amazing natural lipglosses in this shade.
3. I binge-listened to the Dirty John podcast this week. It was only six parts, so it ended up being a pretty quick listen, but it was also really captivating and mind-blowing. If you like true-crime, personal journal, or sociology podcasts, I think you'll like this one.
4. On that note, I also listened to this TedTalk delivered by Lisa Feldman Barrett. Lisa is a psychologist who has looked into the nature of human emotion over the course of her career and has made some really interesting discoveries. Namely, emotions aren't inbred within us as humans, but are learned, and therefore, can be controlled. Her talk is fascinating and way more eloquent than my last sentence, so be sure to give it a listen if you want to be empowered by her research.
5. ROOLEE Outerwear Sale. Need I say more? I'm resisting this one (and it isn't easy), but if I were to make some purchases I would definitely grab this beauty, and this one, and this one. Who am I kidding, probably this one too.